- Designed for use with 3M™ Dirt Trap Nonwoven Protection Material Applicators
- Conveniently dispenses 3M™ Dirt Trap Nonwoven Protection Material
- Available for wall and floor applicators
- High-strength magnets secure unit on vertical metal surfaces
- Magnets allow moving dispenser to new locations
- Durable metal construction for use in automotive paint shops
3M™ Dirt Trap Nonwoven Protection Material Dispensers conveniently store and dispense 3M™ Dirt Trap Nonwoven Protection Material. Choose the 3M™ Dirt Trap Material Dispenser, PN36862 or 3M™ Dirt Trap Material Floor Applicator Dispenser, 36864 for smooth, roll-out access to protection material for application to paint booth walls and floors.
Designed for use with 3M™ Dirt Trap Nonwoven Protection Material Applicators, our 3M™ Dirt Trap Nonwoven Protection Material Dispensers make it easy to unroll just the right length of 3M™ Dirt Trap Nonwoven Protection Material (sold separately) for smooth application without folds or ripples. Metal dispensers are durable and easy to use - simply place the dispenser where desired and smoothly unroll the material. 3M™ Dirt Trap Material Floor Applicator Dispenser, pN 36864 is fully portable for applying protection material to paint booth. Both the floor dispenser and the 3M™ Dirt Trap Material Dispenser, PN 36862 feature high strength magnets that secure it on vertical metal surfaces. The magnets allow relocating the dispenser to another site if desired.
About 3M™ Dirt Trap Nonwoven Protection Material
3M™ Dirt Trap Nowoven Protection Material (PDF, 1.7 Mb) is specially engineered to protect paint booth walls and floors, trap dust and overspray, and brighten work areas. The material can also be used to help protect other surfaces such as table tops, paint scales, paint mixing room walls and floors, prep bay areas and more.
This adhesive-backed, nonwoven material features a breakthrough innovation that actually traps dust, dirt and overspray, decreasing airborne particles in the paint booth or prep station and keeping them out of paint finishes..The white color brightens the room, allowing for better visibility for color matching and verifying coverage during the application of paint products.
Its adhesive backing provides cling to vertical surfaces, eliminating the need to fasten it with tape or other attachment methods. The low tack adhesive is specially formulated to release when pulled by hand, allowing easy removal of material coated with paint overspray, dust or dirt. What's revealed underneath is a clear and clean wall or floor.
Directions for installing 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material on walls
Directions for installing 3M™ Dirt Trap Protection Material on floors
- Install the first section closest to the floor
- Attach the dispenser to the adjacent wall
- Pull the fabric out the length of the booth
- Use the squeegee to attach the far end of the material at the corner
- Work your way back to the dispenser aligning the material and attach to the wall
- Cut the material at the dispenser
- Squeegee the entire wall section to make sure it is attached completely
- Re-mount the dispenser at the level of the second section
- Overlap the first section (1" or less)
- Use the same method to finish installing 3 wall sections
- After the third section is installed, cut out around the windows and light
- Important — Material should be replaced prior to 150 bake cycles for clean and easy removal
- Attach the dispenser to the end wall for the floor installation
- Pull out the material and align the first floor section close to the wall
- Continue installing sections as needed
- The dispenser may also be placed on the floor for dispensing
- Important — Avoid covering the floor grate (material may restrict air flow)